TheRealDookie

Subpar blogging by The R.D........... not at all Notorious, but his waistline is getting kind of B.I.G.

Name:
Location: The O.C., Florida, The Sunny, yet still Dirty, South, United States

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Pre- and Post-Script

"...You must be crazy..."

You have probably read about the exploits of the Wendy's Lady at the Staffman's page here. I just wanted to add a few stories of my own that happened when the Staffman was out saving the world in his anatomically-correct suit and cape.

Pre-Staffman's Story.

I went to Wendy's with some members of my schools (S)Law Review one day for lunch. I ordered a hamburger, an order of chicken nuggets, a chili, and a diet coke (just for the taste of it...). Most of my order was pre-done, but they told me that the nuggets would take "Fo Minutes," and offered to bring it out to me. Wendy's Lady came out about 5 minutes later with 2 packs of Chicken Nuggets. The following ordeal went something like this.

WL: Here are your five-pieces, sir.
R.D.: Thanks. I actually only ordered one, so the other one is probably for someone else. [Takes one five-piece nugget].
WL: [confused] Oh, okay. [Walks away.]

[Two minutes later]

WL: Is this not yours, sir?
R.D.: No, I only ordered one order of nuggets, so that one must be someone else's.
WL: [confused] Are you sure? Okay. [Walks away].

[Two minutes later]

WL: These are not yours?
R.D.: No.
WL: Well, why don't you take them, because I can't find anyone who ordered them.
R.D.: [sighs] Okay. [Takes nuggets].

I ended up passing them around to the other Slaw Review members that were there. The group looked around silently and smiled at each other. Knowing the group, they may have just thought that I ordered two packs but was ashamed to admit I ordered so much food. But you know the truth, don't you. If you don't believe me, read Staffman's entry and my post-script.

Post-Staffman's Story.

I went back to Wendy's today for the simple reason that I can get the most hamburgers for the cheapest price. (I've had 4 in two days). I ordered some food and a small diet coke. It was pretty uneventful until I was about to leave. I got up and Wendy's Lady came up behind me, silently, almost like that Seinfeld character who Elaine gave tic tacs to so she knew when he was coming. WL was very persistent; she clearly wanted to bring me a refill. I finally agreed, but used the interim to throw away my own tray so she could not hijack it from me later. 30 seconds after she leaves me, she comes back with the soda. She stops 5 feet from my table and looks around (keep in mind there are only 2 -3 rows of people, not all full, and she just saw me 30 seconds ago at a corner table). She looks around again. She starts walking away from me. She does a lap around the restaurant. Then, she finds me and says, "You order a Diet Coke?" I assured her that I did and took it.

WL did bring back a Diet Coke this time (no "Mr. Pibb's," thank God), but with no ice. It tasted like plastic chlorine. Then, a minute later, she comes up behind me and asks me to fill out a comment card. Before I can answer, it's being offered to me with 2 pens. "Sure," I reply. "My name is [Wendy's Lady] she says, making sure I get the hint. I ended up saying WL is great; "she really goes the extra mile..." I wrote. Hey, I have to go back there again, so back off. Then I wrote a quick complaint about them taking away our student discount, and raising the price of the "Double Stack," and left, quickly.

Hey, I'm just happy to be alive and throwing away my own tray again.

2 Comments:

Blogger M.C. COPPIN said...

Maby Wendey's Lady just wante dyour bod.

8:11 PM  
Blogger TheRealDookie said...

Although possible, the fact that she forgot what I looked like in 30 seconds flat probably weighs against that conclusion. She could be playing hard-to-get, I guess. I am a sucker for "Mr. Pibb's"!

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home